Adequate supports and services are vital to the overall well-being of all individuals in Michigan. People with all types of disabilities are able to successfully transition and live within the community when these services are available and accessible.
People with disabilities benefit from policies that:
- Ensure adequate state funding and maximized Medicaid matching for community services and supports.
- Reform the Medicaid “spenddown” provision that denies services to people who need them.
- Ensure full provision of Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT) services.
- Fully fund the Michigan Autism Coverage Reimbursement Program.
- Eliminate waiting periods and waiting lists for critical community and emergency health care services.
- Protect choice, self-determination and person-centered planning.