Each year, the Board of Directors adopts priorities that set the guidelines and goals for Michigan Protection & Advocacy Service, Inc.(MPAS). Input is gathered from individuals with disabilities, their families and friends. Feedback is also solicited from professionals, partners within the disability community and agency staff. Information is gathered at training, through the use of surveys, and at community forums.
- They are legally protected from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- They are free to choose where and with whom they live and can determine what supports are needed
- Equal employment opportunities are available
- Communities are accessible and inclusive
- Equal access to affordable, quality health care is available
- Children with disabilities are provided a quality education with all supports and accommodations needed to develop marketable skills
- Individuals with disabilities fully enjoy the rights, benefits, and privileges the law guarantees