We Are MPAS
Michigan Protection & Advocacy Service, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization established to protect and advocate for the legal rights of people with disabilities living in Michigan.
Our Mission and Guiding Principles
The mission of MPAS is to advocate and protect the legal rights of people with disabilities.Annual Report
Michigan Protection & Advocacy Service, Inc. provides a variety of services, ranging from referrals, to resources to legal representation. We are funded by P&A programs mandated by the United States Congress within the following program areas:
- Protection & Advocacy for Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury (PATBI)
- Client Assistance Program (CAP)
- Protection & Advocacy for Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PADD)
- Protection & Advocacy for Users of AssistiveTechnology (PAAT)
- Protection & Advocacy for Voter Access (PAVA)
- Protection & Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security (PABSS)
- Protection & Advocacy of Individual Rights (PAIR)
- Protection & Advocacy for Beneficiaries with Representative Payees (PABRP)
- Protection & Advocacy for Individuals with Mental Illness (PAIMI)
Special Education Advocates' Manual
The Special Education Advocates’ manual is a comprehensive guide for any parent, guardian or teacher who’s advocating for a child with a disability.
Complaints and Grievances
Michigan Protection & Advocacy Service, Inc. (MPAS) is required by federal law to “establish a grievance procedure for clients or prospective clients of this system to assure that individuals with disabilities have full access to the system and for individuals who have received or are receiving mental health services, family members of such individuals with mental illness or representatives of such individuals or family members to assure the eligible system is operating in compliance with the provisions of this title and Title III.” 42 USC 10805 (a)(9).
If you are in any way dissatisfied with the services you have received through our organization, please download and submit the Grievance Form below.
How Can We Help?
Contact Us Anytime.
Whether you’re a person living with a disability or an advocate, we’re here for you. Our experienced staff is here to help you navigate the world of disability law. Please don’t hesitate to reach out!